Sunday, October 12, 2008

Yet another blog

I think I have a problem. This is my fifth blog under this google account alone. I have two blogs for school (one for each of my classes), but that doesn't count because it's what my students need to know, not the inner workings of my screwy brain. I also have a blog on a community site I use.

Anyway, this blog is my musings and goals for my FOURTH decade of life.

As I neared the big day, I told someone that my birthday was coming, that it was a big one, and that I wasn't happy about it. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "Oh, like YOU'RE old." Well, no, but 30 is a big deal. It's the end of not being responsible, it's definite adulthood with no holds barred. It's work, it's mortgage, it's being chef and cleaning lady, and it's being Mommy. These will be my "Mom's Taxi" years. My alcohol consumption has already taken a drastic nosedive. Since returning to work after maternity leave, it's not uncommon for me to be asleep on the couch at 9.

I feel like I didn't really have the fun I was supposed to in my 20s. I had lots of fun, don't get me wrong, but I also feel that I was so focused on doing well in my career that I didn't stop and smell the roses as much as I should have.

I've made a bucket list for my 30s. By September 21, 2018, I will have:
  • learned how to SCUBA dive
  • learned how to surf
  • sung karaoke
  • visited 15 new American states
  • had at least one more child (hopefully two)
  • laughed, learned, and been a fool
I'm torn about adding that I will change careers by then. Some days, I am certain that I am in the RIGHT profession, but on others, I'm very unsure about that. So I guess this isn't a goal, but something I'll keep in the back of my mind.

No comments: