Saturday, June 5, 2010

Follow through.

I just watched Julie and Julia. I'm pretty sure I STARTED this blog after having read the book, and realizing that I too don't really have a great follow through. Clearly, that didn't hold, I got busy, and well, I'm now only a few months away from 32.

So far, my thirties have been pretty...typical. I have been a mom for my entire thirties, and have added another little one to the mix (he'll be 7 weeks old on Tuesday!)

In my thirties, I worked hard too. My career has been on cruise control really, as I focused more on parenthood and caring for a family and house. I am now on an extended maternity leave, which is absolutely fantastic for me (getting rid of the work related frustrations makes me a totally different person) and surely for my son, but finances are going to be really tight. Right now, we're trying to figure out what the older boy's situation for school and daycare will be next year while I pull no income. We also are trying to figure out how to save money yet still maintain our standard of living. Unfortunately, this pulls M out of the house more. Luckily, he has been sought after as a tutor, which has brought a LOT of unexpected money into the house.

Oop, time to get a crying child!

No comments: