Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun

So I read that Gretchen chose to celebrate a passion in September.  One thing she and her blog readers suggested was to think about what was fun for you as a kid and that's probably something fun for you now.

  • Reading.  Save my hectic college years, I have been a voracious reader for as long as I can remember.
  • Band.  I enjoyed being in the band, though I didn't really so much love practicing my instrument.  But I loved being surrounded by likeminded people frequently.
  • Entertaining.  Not so much something from my childhood, but I love having a house full of people.
  • Baking.  Again, not so much from my childhood, but I love taking the time to bake.



On a different note, one thing mentioned in The Happiness Project is that sometimes there are things that need to be done (like cleaning) that maybe just maybe have to come second for something that makes you happy.  This came up on the iPod this morning:


It refers, of course, to the dichotomy between taking care of yourself and taking care of the important things.

Of course, if I spent less time playing Bejeweled on facebook, I'd have more time for fun AND for the important things....

No comments: