Friday, September 24, 2010

No day but today.

I didn't write a post yesterday, though I definitely wrote on in my head many times.  So, today's post will be a jumble of today's thoughts and yesterday's.

  • Billy Joel--"This is the time to remember, cause it will not last forever."
  • In The Happiness Project book, one of her readers wrote a comment about depression.  Am I depressed?  Is that my problem?  Or am I just dissatisfied?  Is there a difference?
  • I'm not so much into prayer or, really, much about religion at all, but yet, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; and Wisdom to know the difference."
On sarcasm.  It seems that snark is pervading our culture.  A google search "snark blog" yields more than 800,000 results.  Sarcasm is a way of life for us here in NJ, and my sarcastic sense of humor has formed the core of who I think myself to be.  But should it?  It's certainly not nice.  This morning, as I changed a gross diaper, I thought back to when my older son was the same age.  I joked, "I'm not feeding him solids until he's potty trained."  Maybe this isn't the nastiest thing in the whole world, but it definitely shows something about my character that maybe I don't want to be there. 

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

 

But then, if I don't have a sarcastic wit, can I still be funny?  Is it even possible to refrain from being so sarcastic?




    No comments: