Sunday, October 13, 2013

Growing out the damned pixie

I've been trying to grow out my pixie.  It has not been going very well.  I'm frustrated, feeling UGLY, and staring at short haired girls.  My hair has not been long in quite some time.
August 2009

April 2010; not my most flattering shot ever.


And has varied in length since...
August 2010


It hung out in that bob for awhile in 2010 and 2011 until I chopped it all off sometime in July 2011:

July 2011

August 2011




I think this was one of the last times it was super short,

October 2012


For this cut, I went to a beauty school and said I wasn't sure if I wanted to grow it or stay short and the stylist said she was going to give me a pixie.  Ok.  But the idea to start the grow out process was there and this is starting to let it grow a little too.


April 2013


So I let it go.

May 2013

June 2013
July 2013
August 2013--I rocked that headband all summer.



Here's the cut I finally got at the end of the summer, after realizing it was in mullet territory for sure.  I definitely told the stylist I was trying to grow it out.
August 2013


So here's where I'm at today:
October 2013

I wanted to change things up, so went for this side thing, but am typically wearing my hair bobby pinned like this:

September 2013



In that August 2013 picture, I can see the bump that represents my shortest layer.  I think I'm going to ask for something like this next (and I am in need of a haircut already); fitting to link to Maybe Mathilda, who of course inspired this post.  She definitely had much faster progress than me!

Here's a style I loved, and it looks so great in the picture.  In my head, this is what I'm growing toward, but I really don't know what I want.  Advice?  Suggestions?  Which of my hairstyles over the past few years do you like best?

August 2007


No comments: