Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Stitch Fix #2 March 2015

Stitch Fix now offers petite (and maternity) sizing, so armed with a referral credit, I scheduled a fix for spring.


How it works: you pay $20 in styling fee, which is applied to your purchase. You set your style, tell them a little about yourself, set price points, then a stylist styles you. If you buy it all, you get a 25% discount. You can return it all (but then lose the $20) for free shipping.
In total, this would cost $178.50 (after the $20 is applied. It includes the jeans, all the tops, and the necklace.
Feedback on what I should keep is welcome!

My stylist sent this note:

I received the Romolo Preston Carved Crescent Bib Necklace. Before the buy 5 discount, it costs $28. NOT something I would try but I kind of like it!


Also included is the Paper moon Jerrard Heathered Open Front Cardigan, $54. I've had my eye on a cocoon cardi, but I'm not sure if I like the fit. The stylist suggested I wear this cardigan with either outfit, the skirt or the jeans...

Below I'm wearing the Pixley Hanneli Polka Dot Swing Skirt, $54. I was most excited about this piece, but the waist is tight and I don't know if I like how it looks with the recommended tee. A white tank and a slimmer cardigan would look best I think.

I received a Market &Spruce Sam Hi-lo Short Sleeve Tee, $44. You read that right, $44 for a gray tee. I typically wear my tees tucked, so the hi lo doesn't really matter for me.

The cardigan looks like a blazer to me in this photo.


Next up is the Kut from the Kloth Kate Boyfriend Jean at $78. I like it, but it feels dropped at the crotch; I don't know if that's how Boyfriend jeans fit? I definitely like the cardigan and tee with the jeans better than the skirt.



So, which items should I keep? Which should I send back? Is all this worth $178.50? Have you tried Stitch Fix yet?

I have to admit my disappointment; I only scheduled this because of their new petite sizing, but I don't feel like I received anything that counts as petite. 

No comments: