Thursday, April 23, 2015

Capsule Wardrobe

So we've all seen the Pinterest posts going around about building a capsule wardrobe, a minimalist wardrobe that the poster puts together into amazing outfits. I read a post that is so in line with what Flylady advocates, that we need to get rid of anything we don't look fabulous in and absolutely love to make room for what really matters.

I'm so inspired.

So that post directed me to Un-fancy.com, where I found a post about doing that very thing.

I've been wearing the same pants/top rinse repeat rotation for the past week or so. I was doing well for awhile with the PinnedItSpinnedIt, and I felt so so good on those days. But I can't keep wanting to buy new stuff every week. In fact, the challenge inspired me to buy teal pants because I loved them so much, but the ones from Jane.com did not fit at all. So I still have them and probably won't wear them, I can return them, but it will cost almost as much as the pants cost between shipping and return shipping.

So, I think I'm going to start phase one tonight, pulling everything out of my closet. Which jeans will I keep (right now I have dressing up jeans and regular weekend jeans and jeans I'd be ok wearing to school)? Which tops? How can I keep my wardrobe fresh while limiting it to under 40 pieces?

I know there isn't anyone reading this, but of the pieces you've seen me wear, which should I keep?

And, could YOU pare down your wardrobe to 37 items not including jewelry?

No comments: